turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

demaximis
Returning Member

GA Film Tax Credit Transfer - TurboTax requests wrong form (IT-FC, instead of IT-TRANS)

I am trying to claim GA Film Tax Credits that were transferred to me from a production company.  In my GA return, under credits I selected Credit Code 122 (Film Tax Credit), filled out the name, ownership percentage and credit amount (not the certificate number, as confirmed by the Georgia Tax Center), as well as the production company's FEIN.  Turbotax then states that Form IT-FC must be uploaded.  I believe this is INCORRECT.  The proper form that must be uploaded is the IT-TRANS.  Did I somehow incorrectly enter information, which resulted in the request for the IT-FC (which is produced by the production company), or is this a glitch in Turbotax?  Please advise.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
Seggeth

GA Film Tax Credit Transfer - TurboTax requests wrong form (IT-FC, instead of IT-TRANS)

I'm having this exact same problem. Did you figure out what to do?

demaximis
Returning Member

I called TurboTax, and waited for them to call be back, and then on hold again (after being transferred to a call center in India, I think).  Eventually, I was told to upload the IT-TRANS where TurboTax requests the IT-FC.  In other words, it is a TurboTax error.  Feel free to do the same, and if you get a different response, please update here.

Seggeth

Thanks. I'll try doing the same.

GAuser
Returning Member

I'm having a related but different problem.  Am simply trying to file a partnership return for Georgia.  I have nothing to do with movie production or anything related.  Turbotax wants me to complete a form IT-FC.  I don't know what I did to cause this to happen.  Any thoughts?

I am getting the same issue.  I have nothing to do with the film industry or production.  TT won't let me get past it.  Have you had any luck?

I just figured it out.  If you have not purchased any film credits in the state of Georgia and TT keeps wanting you to fill out the form IT-FC, just go to forms in the upper right corner and select forms.  Then go to the GA state partnership area and select the IT-FC form and delete.  Problem solved.

Thank you!!!!  This worked for me as well.  However, I'm going to wait a few days and see if TT provides a software update to fix this cliché.  (Still have a few days left until March 15 deadline.)

THANK YOU!

I could not get past the automated call center to speak with a person and just posted a question about this. Deleting the Form did the trick. Not stuck in a loop anymore and was able to file.

Thanks for tip, I couldn't get past this!  

I am using TT Self-Employed 2020.   I don't see Forms in the right hand corner or anywhere else.   Is it there somewhere?

I am trying to file a film tax credit form but it is not listed among the choices TT gives me.

Ideas?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

The steps for accessing and deleting forms are below:

Turbo Tax Online

Turbo Tax CD/Download Software

@Forsling54

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies