turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joshinct
Returning Member

Filing by mail, printout of CT state tax form contains pages from another state.

I'm using the TurboTax Deluxe desktop software product. I live in Connecticut and work across the state line in Massachusetts, so I file tax forms in both states. I've chosen to file my state returns by mail. The issue is occurring with my Connecticut return.

After preparing my taxes, when I go to print out the completed Connecticut form, the printout includes several pages from the completed Massachusetts form (but not the whole Massachusetts form). I've checked multiple times that I'm only selecting the Connecticut form in the print dialogue, and that both the federal and Massachusetts forms are deselected.

Is this a glitch or expected behavior? Does Connecticut, as my state of residence, want to see select pages from the Massachusetts form? Otherwise, should I just shred the Massachusetts pages that appear in the Connecticut printout and mail only the Connecticut forms?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Filing by mail, printout of CT state tax form contains pages from another state.

Are these copies of forms that document tax paid to MA? Connecticut does want to see them:

"A Connecticut resident who works in another state that imposes an income tax will be required to file a nonresident income tax return for the other state and a resident return for Connecticut.  The Connecticut resident will receive credit from Connecticut for income tax paid to the other state on income earned for services performed in the other state.  The credit allowed will be the lesser of the tax paid to the other state or the tax which Connecticut imposes on the resident's out-of-state wages. The credit is claimed by completing Form CT-1040, Schedule 2, and attaching a copy of the return filed with the other state. "

https://portal.ct.gov/DRS/Individuals/Individual-Tax-Page/Resident-Working-in-Another-State

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies