Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

faiure to download state tax form

not only have i had a never ending loop of trying to download my state form (mentioned in last years posts by others) dealing with support was just as bad. trying to find and get an answer constantly refers me here which in itself is a never ending loop of suggestion on how to fix something i bought ,but didn't break! i have tried to follow every tip. to know avail. spent up to 5hours with support on phone, another 10 hours of uninstalling installing and turning software on off. after 20 years of using turbotax i don't need this. i will find another product. this problem was with Deluxe and free state when i finished fed and went to download state it would say updated then i tried to start it would say have to download , Updater would say all updated then i would push start endless loop agan.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Hey...could one of the CHAMPs check into this offline with the moderators?

@xmasbaby0    @DoninGA   @Opus 17 

Last year they issued a fix file to correct this issue.   

I hesitate to post it, since it probably only applies to 2019 Desktop software (but will do so anyway)...and using it may screw up a person's 2019 software...when they really want to fix 2020.  This FAQ probably? needs to indicate it is for "2019 Desktop software Only"   ...then we now need a 2020 version.

@dastupid    DON't use this fix file...unless a TTX Rep confirms it works for 2020 desktop software too...I don't think it does.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

done....

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ErickaY

@SteamTrain Thanks for sharing that info... I have since found other customers experiencing similar issues and added them to an investigation. For now (until we have an FAQ dated 2020) I would continue to follow the FAQ you shared. I was advised doing a manual update is the workaround while they continue to research. 

Thanks for pointing this out 🙂

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

The workaround did not work here.  🤔

ErickaY

Thanks for letting us know, I will contact the team investigating this issue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates?

yeah my update is i will probably have to replace my 5 year old laptop due to all these work arounds. dont know which or all and what one thing that did it but it now takes 5 minutes to startup and i have to wait 2minutes for programs to open if it does open then it wont run.

IF TURBOTAX WON'T WORK RIGHT IN YOUR COMPUTER DO NOT FOLLOW ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO!! RETURN IT GET YOUR MONEY BACK! what happened trying to fix their problem,THEY knowing they had one. iam out here and done with TT AND WILL ADVISE ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY THAT ITS A GAMBLE IF IT WILL WORK. PLAY THE LOTTERY INSTEAD. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies