turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Arizona Estimated Tax Form 221

Used TurboTax Premier desktop for Mac. I underpaid my 2018 AZ state estimated tax, but TurboTax did not automatically fill in AZ Form 221; consequently I just yesterday learned that I had a penalty due. TT included Form 221 in the list of forms but did not address it in the walk-through and did not consider it an error for the form to have no boxes checked. This error cost me an additional three months of penalty. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The test return I just did filled in the 221 automatically  ... so did you accidentally say YES on this screen ?   Doing so excludes the penalty from being used  NOT that it will be included  ...  if you don't read the  page carefully you may have choose yes instead of no which is what you wanted. 

Also the penalty is only an estimate based on your data entries in the program  and the state has the right to recalculate the penalty based on the info they have on file and the date the balance due was actually paid. 

Thanks for the help with this. I went back to the step-by-step and found the box I had checked wrong. I still wish that error checking had asked me about this, but the lesson learned is that I am being much more careful about my AZ estimated tax this year. 

Since you could answer either way and both are correct there is no need for the program to alert you something was wrong when it was not. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies