You can use the steps below to help you check to see which date you set. If no date was selected, it will automatically debit (once your State return has been accepted) on April 18, 2017.
NOTE: You cannot change this date in TurboTax. You would need to contact your state's Department of Revenue if you need to change it and the instructions for how to contact them will be below.
- Log into your TurboTax account and click My TurboTax at the top
- You should be on the Tax Timeline now
- Scroll down to SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section
- Click Add a state (not really adding one, just a way to get back into return) under your 2016 tax return
- Once you are inside the return, click the File tab and there should be a blue link there that says View or print your return
- Click that link and it will open the Electronic Filing Instructions pages and scroll through to find your Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2016 (state name) Tax Return
- On that sheet you should see the Date of Withdrawal in the Balance Due/Refund section along with your banking info if you chose to have it auto debited from your account.
For your state payment, you will need to contact your state Department of Revenue. Please find your state at this link for contact information: https://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/Government-Sites
Still have questions?Make a post