gnilreu

On Schedule A, I want to deduct state and local sales tax rather than state income tax. How can I switch to state local and general sales tax for the deduction?

On Schedule A, you deducted state and local income tax, but I didn't pay any of that.  I want to deduct state and local SALES TAX instead.  How can I do that?

PeterM

To enter your sales tax information in Turbo Tax Deluxe follow these steps...

In your Turbo Tax program use the search box in the upper right hand of your screen, type in "sales tax deduction", this will bring up the "Jump to sales tax deduction" link...click that link. Turbo Tax will guide you through a couple different questions in order to claim your state and local sales tax.

PeterM