turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does being a ohio uber driver qualify me for the ohio business income deduction for my state refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

Does being a ohio uber driver qualify me for the ohio business income deduction for my state refund?

Yes. Just filing federal schedule C makes you a business.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Yes. Just filing federal schedule C makes you a business.

well see that is the thing, i didn't file a schdule c, i was just doing this as a side hustle. i dont know if that is what you do while filing your taxes because i didnt get any 1099 but i used my tax summary instead.  
Hal_Al
Level 15

If you did not report it as business income (and pay your self employment tax) you are not eligible for either the Ohio Small Business deduction (SBD) or the new (new in 2018) federal Section 199A deduction (20%)

in my federal i did it as self-employment so it asked me what my income was and what my expenses were
Hal_Al
Level 15

"Self-employment" in the  federal is reported on Schedule C or C-EZ and then to line 12 (schedule 1) of form 1040.
So, when asked, in the Ohio interview, for your business income, use the line 12 amount. It's a full 100% deduction.

ok thanks for your help
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies