turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax is listing my entire 2018 year income as taxable for New York state where I was a non-resident for 44 days and have one 1099-MISC for $340.00. How can I adjust?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

Turbo Tax is listing my entire 2018 year income as taxable for New York state where I was a non-resident for 44 days and have one 1099-MISC for $340.00. How can I adjust?

NY uses your total income to calculate your tax rate.  But then it applies that rate to only your NY income.  

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

I would expect that to be the case, but it was listing the taxable amount as $18,000 of my total federal income. I'm deleting this return and most likely not using Turbo Tax to file this year.
TomD8
Level 15

Your NY taxable income is the amount that appears on line 36 of your New York Form IT-203.
**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies