turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nepatsdan

I lived in the state of Delaware for all of 2016, though i received unemployment for an open claim in Ohio from work in 2015, do I owe Ohio income tax?

I moved to Delaware in November, 2015, but received unemployment from a job I left in September, 2015 in Ohio until April, 2016.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

I lived in the state of Delaware for all of 2016, though i received unemployment for an open claim in Ohio from work in 2015, do I owe Ohio income tax?

No. You include the Ohio unemployment income only on your Delaware return. Unemployment is not considered as Ohio "source" income. It is the same rule  in most states. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

No. You include the Ohio unemployment income only on your Delaware return. Unemployment is not considered as Ohio "source" income. It is the same rule  in most states. 

nepatsdan

Thank you!  That was extremely helpful
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies