turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does it mean when you ask if the income reported in my last year's return applies to this year's return? Are you asking if my salary was the same this year as last and if you should apply the same income to this year's return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

What does it mean when you ask if the income reported in my last year's return applies to this year's return? Are you asking if my salary was the same this year as last and if you should apply the same income to this year's return?

No.  TurboTax is asking so that if you choose they will transfer the data such as the employer and your personal information or other pertinent data that should come forward from one tax year to another.

It's all right to answer yes or no depending on what you want to see and compare year over year.  TurboTax will not enter last year's wages into the W2 for this year.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW
Expert Alumni

No.  TurboTax is asking so that if you choose they will transfer the data such as the employer and your personal information or other pertinent data that should come forward from one tax year to another.

It's all right to answer yes or no depending on what you want to see and compare year over year.  TurboTax will not enter last year's wages into the W2 for this year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies