flores-pia

Need clarification re: solar electric "property" cost v. solar electric "production" cost(monthly/rate/kWh); is production cost considered "Solar Electric Costs?"

Obtained my solar roof panels in 2015 and reported this in my 2015 tax filing. 

I'm completing my 2017 income tax filing now and got a little confused while entering information in the deductions/credits Tab in TurboTax -- I get a monthly statement from Solar City(Tesla) which itemizes the following:

1. production period 2. amount produced (kWh) by my panels  3. equivalent kWh rate *$0.234/kWh

My question is-- is the monthly production cost (761.410kWh in any specific month x $0.23kWh = $178.17 is this considered a "solar electric costs?"  as noted in TurboTax as an item I can claim? 

linear

No, the credit is for buying and installing solar electric equipment in your home - not for any ongoing costs.

linear