• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simplyslik456

My wife receives disability from the VA that is non-taxable, can i include this amount with my BAH and BAS for my sales tax deduction?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MargaretL
Employee Tax Expert

My wife receives disability from the VA that is non-taxable, can i include this amount with my BAH and BAS for my sales tax deduction?

Yes, you can include the nontaxable portion of the VA disability to increase your Sales Tax:

1. Federal Taxes 

2. Deductions & Credits

3. Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid, select Sales Tax and Easy Guide

4. Enter your location and sales tax information; when Done, the following screen will ask about Nontaxable income, select Yes and enter your nontaxable portion of VA disability. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MargaretL
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, you can include the nontaxable portion of the VA disability to increase your Sales Tax:

1. Federal Taxes 

2. Deductions & Credits

3. Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid, select Sales Tax and Easy Guide

4. Enter your location and sales tax information; when Done, the following screen will ask about Nontaxable income, select Yes and enter your nontaxable portion of VA disability. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v