No one else can see your state return or access your account.
TurboTax does not receive any information from the IRS or your state after your return was filed, so no one at TurboTax knows about a letter you received from the IRS or the state.
I AM BEING AUDITED
If you purchased Audit Defense:
TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support. At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support". Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter. Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.
Hi. Its Pennsylvania. When I asked them what the status of my return is they said this:
" The amount of tax withheld was adjusted to the amount shown in the state income tax block on your W-2 form(s) or state tax withheld on your 1099(s). Credit for federal, local, other state's taxes, or Social Security payments withheld has been disallowed."
When I asked the to clarify what does "Credit for federal, local, other state's taxes, or Social Security payments withheld has been disallowed" is, they replied with this:
"You can only claimed PA State taxes being withheld on the PA-40 return. This would be the amount listed in box 17 of your W2 ."
Sounds like you may have made a data entry error on the W-2 input screen ... review your entries in the state area lines 15 thru 20 against the actually W-2 form issued by the employer.
Save a PDF with the worksheets to see what you entered ...
NOTE: When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed. If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.
- Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
- Click on "Add a State." (you don't really add one. That's just to open your return back up.)
- After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
- Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
- The next screen should offer some options: "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
- See if one of those PDFs has what you need. The latter has the most pages.
NOTE: Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc. Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.