KB6

My SC state tax return for 2016 was not file. Can I file it online?

I had to mail my federal tax last year, so I did it through a tax service. They were also supposed to mail my SC State tax, but it turns out they never did and I have an unclaimed refund. The SC Department of Revenue told me I can mail it now if I have a copy (which I do not) but was not sure if I can file online. How can I do it? the manual form looks intimidating.

If the tax service you used neglected to send your state return, you should get them to provide it to you so it can be mailed now.  E-filing for 2016 is permanently closed, so mailing it is the only way to send it. 

KB6

Thank you. I am trying to get it from them. I just wondered if there was another way.

Mail it using a mailing service that will track it like UPS or certified mail so you will know the state received it.