Solved: My salary from one employer maxed my SS tax. I own a Subchapter S that paid me a salary/paid Employer share of SS - how does my Subchapter S get a refund of the ER SS

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My salary from one employer maxed my SS tax. I own a Subchapter S that paid me a salary/paid Employer share of SS - how does my Subchapter S get a refund of the ER SS

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

My salary from one employer maxed my SS tax. I own a Subchapter S that paid me a salary/paid Employer share of SS - how does my Subchapter S get a refund of the ER SS

You do not get a refund of the employer's portion ... the employer pays on every dollar it pays in wages ... only the employee has a maximum pay in per year.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 12

The S-Corp issued you a W2 also (they should have)?  When you enter both of those W2s into the tax program it will calculate your portion of that SS overpayment and include it as a credit on your tax return.

The employer portion isn't refunded.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

yes I received the refunded Employee share, was curious about the employer share since I own the business -
Level 15

You do not get a refund of the employer's portion ... the employer pays on every dollar it pays in wages ... only the employee has a maximum pay in per year.

View solution in original post

thank you!
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings