June 5, 2019 12:05 PM
You'll need to revisit the Michigan state tax interview. Follow the steps below to change your overpayment option for 2016. (Click the screenshot below for reference.)
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
- Click the State Taxes tab (top center of your screen).
- Let's get your state taxes done right. Click Continue.
- Status of your state returns. Click Edit next to Michigan.
- Your 2016 Michigan taxes are ready for us to check. Scroll down and click Edit next to Other Situations.
- A few things before we wrap up your state taxes. Scroll down and click Revisit next to Overpayment Options.
- Select Overpayment Option for 2016. Select an option and click Continue.