lizzott96

My federal return is $502. my state i owe is $355. i setup to pay state through bank acc on July15th, but they already took it out? what do i do

HelenC12

If the state withdrew the $355 from your bank account, it's too late to do anything. 

Related information: How do I contact my state Department of Revenue?

lizzott96

Well if they already took it out & it’s scheduled to come out again in July. I’m not paying it twice. I don’t have that kind of money with this pandemic. So how do I have them not take it out by the 15th of a July too 

KatrinaB48

Since your state taxes have already been paid then the payment should show up in the state's system and no more should be withheld. However, you can contact the state by following the link above to confirm that. When you call you also have the option to cancel an upcoming payment. Most states will allow you to do so within three business days so you have plenty of time to cancel it.