user310040

My effective federal tax rate is reported on the federal return information sheet. However, where will I find my effective State of Iowa tax rate? Thank you. mws

MichaelL1

There is no worksheet for the State returns.

However I can show you how to do this.

Look at line 30 of the State of Iowa return as this is the total tax.

Then take the amount from line 26 which is total income.

Take line 30 and divide it by line 26 and it will give you the effective tax rate for the State of Iowa.

TurboTax does not do the states, as each State is unique and it hard to compare year to year, especially with people moving and sometimes having income in more than one state.

MichaelL1

However I can show you how to do this.