turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My driver's license is from Tennessee but i live and work in Arkansas. Which applies to me form wise, nonresident or resident or part time resident

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My driver's license is from Tennessee but i live and work in Arkansas. Which applies to me form wise, nonresident or resident or part time resident

You are a full year Arkansas resident for 2017 taxes.

....procrastinating on getting your TN license changed to Arkansas is  a separate issue with it's own potential problems....but that has nothing to do with your tax filing

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Depends on your situation.
1) College student whose parents live in TN?
2)  In the Military, or spouse in military, but from TN?

IF neither of those....are you in a temporary job expected to last less than a year?
...or have you now moved to a fairly permanent job/living situation...and exactly what date did you move there?
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Permanently living in Arkansas been here an year and some months never had a chance to change over to Arkansas license still have Tennessee one.

Moved here july 21 2016

You are a full year Arkansas resident for 2017 taxes.

....procrastinating on getting your TN license changed to Arkansas is  a separate issue with it's own potential problems....but that has nothing to do with your tax filing

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies