Moved but no income from North Carolina only MA an...

Moved but no income from North Carolina only MA and Federal

I moved to North Carolina at the end of Sept, Only income is from 401k distribution earlier in year, Unemployment from MA (still receiving) and Social Security (monthly).  I do not have any income formally from North Carolina.  Do I need to file for NC and if so,  do I allocate 3 months of income from these sources to North Carolina?  I received a 1099R for 401k disbursement at my North Carolina address, but the distribution all occurred while I was in MA, the Turbotax income section  states to indicate the state I received the actual form in, even though all taxes taken were MA. What state and % should I be using?

Thank You in Advance

Yes, you need to file a part year resident NC tax return.  Your MA return will also be as part year resident. 

Nether NC or MA tax social security. The unemployment compensation received after the move is taxable by NC., even though it's from MA dept of labor.  

Don't know where you're reading "the Turbotax income section  states to indicate the state I received the actual form in", but that's not correct.  Your 401k distribution is taxable by MA only, since that's where you were k=living when the $ was received. 

Hal_Al ,Thank you so much for the quick reply, appreciate the clarification. Now back to continuing to to input the info and buying the second state TurboTax 🙂