kkirke

Massachusetts state earned income credit not showing for my 2019 state tax form, and I received it fir federal taxes. Why?

KrisD15

Are you asking about your 2019 tax year returns or your 2020 tax year return? Most people are working on their 2020 tax year returns at this time. 

Karynkirke

Sorry, I meant 2020. My child is only 14 and I got EIC for my federal taxes. Why is it not on my Massachusetts state taxes?

LenaH

The Massachusetts EITC is based on the federal EITC. For taxable years starting on or after January 1, 2019, the Massachusetts credit is equal to 30% of the federal credit. If you qualified for the federal EITC, the Massachusetts EITC should automatically be on your Form 1. 

Have you already submitted your return for e-filing? If not, how do you know the EITC is not on your return? 

If you have e-filed, your MA EITC will be on the last page of your Form 1 under the Credits section. 

To get a copy of your 2020 tax return that you filed this year, sign in to the account you used to file this year's taxes and either:

• Select Download/print return if your return has been accepted.
  • Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents (select Show if needed) and select Download/print return (PDF).

@Karynkirke