Solved: Married but live in different states pennsylvania Michigan and each own homes can we claim both homes as primary residence

Married but live in different states pennsylvania Michigan and each own homes can we claim both homes as primary residence

We are also filing the taxes separately.  Can my spouse who lives in Michigan claim mortgage interest and property taxes in his  itemized deduction.  I own a home in Pennsylvania and can I claim mortgage interest and property taxes on my taxes as deduction

Yes, absolutely.

As long as you don't both deduct the same mortgage interest on the same house, or deduct interest on a house you don't own, you are not required to have the same primary residence as your spouse.

Yes, absolutely.