Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Live in MD work in PA.

What should be the answer to question Did either of you make money in any other states?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Live in MD work in PA.

Read the screen.  I believe it says something like if you work in a reciprocal state, to answer NO.  PA and MD are reciprocal states whereby PA agrees not to tax the wages of a MD resident.  Applies only to wages.  If you have other PA sources of income (self-employment in PA, rentals, sold PA land, PA business) then you would be required to file a PA non-resident return.  Hopefully your employer only withheld MD income taxes.  Please provide more info if your situation is more complicated.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Live in MD work in PA.

Read the screen.  I believe it says something like if you work in a reciprocal state, to answer NO.  PA and MD are reciprocal states whereby PA agrees not to tax the wages of a MD resident.  Applies only to wages.  If you have other PA sources of income (self-employment in PA, rentals, sold PA land, PA business) then you would be required to file a PA non-resident return.  Hopefully your employer only withheld MD income taxes.  Please provide more info if your situation is more complicated.

Live in MD work in PA.

I am in the same boat. I work in PA, but live in MD. However, my employer withheld PA state taxes when they should have been withholding MD. I am trying to ensure that that income gets returned to me from PA. Do I need to make sure MD taxes it too?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies