turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kellyg979

I am working on my state solar energy credit (South Carolina Form SC SCH TC-38) and line 8 asks for the current year tax liability. Where do I find that information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

I am working on my state solar energy credit (South Carolina Form SC SCH TC-38) and line 8 asks for the current year tax liability. Where do I find that information?

Line 63 on a 1040 or line 39 on a 1040A.

You can look at your current year 1040 (or 1040A) in TuboTax Online by clicking 

Tax Tools on the left side-bar

Tools on the drop-down

Click "View tax Summary" on the screen

Click on "Preview my 1040" on the side-bar

nythgar

This did not work for me.

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

The current year tax liability would be displayed on line 10 of your 2019 South Carolina Tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

im confused also , the reply above does not have line 63 and so on what does line 8 mean is that taxes paid or what?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Which tax liability is it asking for?  Federal tax liability or state tax liability? Here is how to determine your tax liability based off of your taxable income.  if you are using Turbo Tax online and logged completely in your account  GO TO:

1) in the left navigational pane to to Tax Tools>Tools>view tax summary

2)  Your federal tax summary will appear. Look for tentative tax  that is your federal tax liability 

3) In your left navigation pane, Look to see if you have your state tax summary listed there

4) The tax liability for each state may vary but there should be the word Tax.  It is usually listed below taxable income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies