Solved: LA State is trying to tax me on exempt income?

fishkeeper

LA State is trying to tax me on exempt income?

We were part year residents of LA, moving to Texas in June. All of our income is tax exempt in LA (military retirement, Teachers retirement and SSA).  Yet this year I have a tax burden.  Why?  Can't see that anything changed in the LA tax code that would affect us.

BMcCalpin

As you go through the Louisiana interview in TurboTax, you should come to a screen entitled "Any Other Income Exclusions?" On this screen (see screen shot below), click on 04E as the type of income.

Enter the amount of your military pension here.

As you can see, you can enter 03E for the teacher's retirement and 07E for Social Security.

BMcCalpin