turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wittma23

If I moved to Florida in August but still have a Wisconsin drivers License did my residence switch to Florida or am I still considerd a WI resident

I worked in Florida for the entire year.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DS30

If I moved to Florida in August but still have a Wisconsin drivers License did my residence switch to Florida or am I still considerd a WI resident

It depends.

Changing your driver's license is just one step of changing your residency to another state. If your intent is to change your state of residence and you made a permanent change of residence (including having a lease in your new state, having a job in your new state). Then you will file a part-year resident state income tax return in WI only (since FL has no state income taxes related to wage income.)

You will need to report only that portion of your FL wages that were earned during the days you are considered a part-year WI resident on your WI part-year resident state income tax return.

Check below for more information about filing a part-year state tax return (Please select "see entire answer" to see full answer)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302008

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies