turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hasgeo
Returning Member

I cant do my Mass. non-resident taxes-live in NH

asking for apportionment
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

It depends but if you live and work in NH for a company based in MA, you will not have an MA nonresident state income tax return (because the source of income is where the work is performed (NH) regardless of where the company is located (MA)).

If however, all your wages were earned in MA, then none (zero "0") will be the amount of non-MA wages on your MA state income tax return. Also, if other items of income that are not directly related to an MA-source are being reported on your MA nonresident state income tax return (like interest income or dividends), then the full amount of these other types of non-wage income will need to be inputted as other non-MA source income on your MA nonresident state income tax return (so they are not included in your MA taxable income amount).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

It depends but if you live and work in NH for a company based in MA, you will not have an MA nonresident state income tax return (because the source of income is where the work is performed (NH) regardless of where the company is located (MA)).

If however, all your wages were earned in MA, then none (zero "0") will be the amount of non-MA wages on your MA state income tax return. Also, if other items of income that are not directly related to an MA-source are being reported on your MA nonresident state income tax return (like interest income or dividends), then the full amount of these other types of non-wage income will need to be inputted as other non-MA source income on your MA nonresident state income tax return (so they are not included in your MA taxable income amount).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies