Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hidragcpa

I'm in Colorado, but Trustee on Illinois Trust. Why must I buy Illinois state 1041? How do I get Illinois INSTEAD of Colorado?

Turbo Tax for Business only includes one state 1041 return.  It appears since I'm in Colorado that's all I get free.  I have no need to file a Colorado 1041.  Only Illinois.  I don't see any place where the actual nexus for the trust can be identified.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm in Colorado, but Trustee on Illinois Trust. Why must I buy Illinois state 1041? How do I get Illinois INSTEAD of Colorado?

" It appears since I'm in Colorado that's all I get free."

TurboTax Business does not include any state return for free; each state and entity incurs an additional charge.

You can purchase as many states as you desire simply by clicking the Add Another State button in the State Taxes section of the program.

Simply because "Colorado" is displayed in the State Taxes section does not necessarily indicate it is installed and ready to use on your computer; you will need to pay for that return. However, you can completely ignore the Colorado Fiduciary entry and purchase Illinois as indicated above.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

" It appears since I'm in Colorado that's all I get free."

TurboTax Business does not include any state return for free; each state and entity incurs an additional charge.

You can purchase as many states as you desire simply by clicking the Add Another State button in the State Taxes section of the program.

Simply because "Colorado" is displayed in the State Taxes section does not necessarily indicate it is installed and ready to use on your computer; you will need to pay for that return. However, you can completely ignore the Colorado Fiduciary entry and purchase Illinois as indicated above.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies