mkurutz

Is there no itemized deduction in Wisconsin anymore? I filled out taxes got standard 24K deduction on fed but nothing on state?

KatrinaB

Wisconsin does allow a taxpayer to itemize deductions while taking the federal standard deduction. However, you must enter your itemized deductions on the federal return in order for them to transfer over to the state return. There is no way to enter them on the state return.

mkurutz

Ok now that i am ready to efile , how can I correct this? And shouldnt the software ask If i want to itemize state?
cedarlaker

I am having the same problem.  The standard deduction Form 1 line 15 will not fill in automatically.   If you get an answer please post it.   John

cedarlaker

Sorry,  I am looking to get the standard deduction to post    John

DaveF1006

Try to delete your state return and then add it back into your return. Once the information repopulates from the federal return, see if it will populate with the standard deduction for Wisconsin. If you have further problems, you may wish to contact a specialist that can work through that section of the return with you to see what is causing the issue.