Is there a way I can file for my renters rebate ta...

khillier18

Is there a way I can file for my renters rebate taxes?

KrisD15

It depends on the state. 

Only some states offer that credit and of the ones that do, some make it a part of the state tax return and others make it a separate form. 

tkoynes

More specifically, can I efile for the renters rebate, separately, using the Turbo Tax free edition? I am from Minnesota. I have already completed the Fed. Tax using www.creditkarma.com tax filing option. They are not allowing for State Tax filing, yet. 

You cannot use TurboTax for a stand alone state return.   Information flows from the federal return to the state return.    The IRS is not accepting 2020 returns until February 12, and a state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.  Maybe you just need to chill for a a few days and finish your return where you started it and prepare the state there when they allow it.

And.....the MN rent form has to be mailed---it cannot be e-filed even it the software helps you prepare it.