turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emslander

Indiana VCI Credit

I just upgraded my TurboTax to the Business and Investments Program, however the Indiana state return still does not have a Business and Investments Credit subject Line for me to enter the VCI credits

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Indiana VCI Credit

Are you a corporate or individual investor?  TurboTax Business is for corporations.  If you are an individual preparing your personal tax return, you need to use a TurboTax personal product.  You should be able to get a refund for the Business program if it turns out you don't need it.  To find the credit entry screen in TurboTax personal products:

1. Carefully go through the Indiana state return in TurboTax, until you come to a screen with the heading Take a look at Indiana credits and taxes.
  2. Scroll down to the subheading Business and investment credits.
  3. Click on Start for Other Business Credits.
  4. The next screen will ask you for the Venture Capital Investment Credit information.  
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
emslander

Indiana VCI Credit

I am an individual so don't need the upgrade. However, the screen you are referring to does exist but there is no category for Business Tax Credits at all.

Indiana VCI Credit

Dear Dawn C,

I have a Deluxe Turbotax 2019 version and can confirm that there is no Business and Investment Tax Credit topic to click on.

Below is a snip from the page 'Take a look at Indiana Credits and Taxes'.  Oops this discussion reply form will not allow me to paste the snipped page, but I can assure you that is no "Business and investment credits" topic.

Please let me know what version of Turbotax you are using that will allow you to find these topic subjects and where to find them so that your below guidance can be followed to a fruitful and successful conclusion.

1. Carefully go through the Indiana state return in TurboTax, until you come to a screen with the heading Take a look at Indiana credits and taxes.
  2. Scroll down to the subheading Business and investment credits.
  3. Click on Start for Other Business Credits.
  4. The next screen will ask you for the Venture Capital Investment Credit information.  

Kind regards,

PeterD

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies