Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shriniketsarkar
Returning Member

Income Allocations - Portion of Income received while a Missouri resident or from Missouri sources

Hello, 

I was a resident of Missouri until April 30 2019 and then moved to Kansas on 1st May 2019. I am filing as MFJ. I work at a company which is based in Missouri and my wife works in Kansas. None of us have changed jobs we just moved from Missouri to Kansas in 2019. 

TurboTax figured out my status as Part Year resident in Missouri and suggested I should fill Missouri state tax first.

Based on our W2's I have my income coming from Missouri and my wife has her's coming from Kansas. 

In Income Allocations : TurboTax is asking for the following : 

"Enter the  portion of the following income for Me/Spouse received while a Missouri resident or from Missouri sources. " 

My entire Wages are from Missouri but a fraction of it was earned when I was a Missouri part year resident. 

Should I be putting here my entire income as income from Missouri Sources (since its coming from Missouri) OR should I calculate the income from the total Missouri income that I earned during my first 4 months in Missouri (i.e total income * .33 ) ? 

Note : The total income its considering from all sources is not my AGI but only my individual income. 

Similar question on Income Allocations in Missouri for my spouse : 

Will she enter 0 as the portion of income earned while a Missouri Resident or from Missouri Sources (Since all her income is from Kansas sources )  OR will she need to calculate the % of income she earned while she was a Missouri part year resident for the first 4 months ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies