`

In May 2018 I moved to Nevada from California to help care for my mother who had cancer. In October she passed away and I moved back to California. So I’m not sure what to put down as the date I

I read it wrong initially.

If you were a CA resident and moved to NV temporarily (May to Oct) and did not change residency, then your residency stayed CA for 2018.

You would just file a State of CA return as if you lived there the entire year (as even if you made any money in NV there is no State income tax there).

So all income is reported to CA.

EDITED: 2-21-2019 9:41 AM (CST)

Sorry I misread the question and have edited the answer.

If I am not fully addressing everything please let me know.

Thank you.

It’s okay, I may have worded my question wrong. I was temporarily in Nevada 5 months. So I’m not sure what to put on my California return?   Thank you

I read it wrong initially.

So all income is reported to CA.

EDITED: 2-21-2019 9:41 AM (CST)