Solved: If you live in Maryland, are you required to have local taxes withheld by your employer?

TWill

If you live in Maryland, are you required to have local taxes withheld by your employer?

I moved to MD last year and no local taxes were withheld by my employer. Now, my employer is withholding local taxes for my county and I'm not sure why. I moved here from FL, so state/local tax withholding is foreign to me. 

TerryA

I don't know what MD employers are required to do but many, if not all, Maryland counties (and Baltimore City) have their own tax rates ranging from 1.25% to over 3%. Those tax liabilities are computed for you by TT/Maryland on Form 502 lines 28-33.

TerryA