Solved: If you live in Maryland, are you required to have local taxes withheld by your employer?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TWill

If you live in Maryland, are you required to have local taxes withheld by your employer?

I moved to MD last year and no local taxes were withheld by my employer. Now, my employer is withholding local taxes for my county and I'm not sure why. I moved here from FL, so state/local tax withholding is foreign to me. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerryA
Level 7

If you live in Maryland, are you required to have local taxes withheld by your employer?

I don't know what MD employers are required to do but many, if not all, Maryland counties (and Baltimore City) have their own tax rates ranging from 1.25% to over 3%. Those tax liabilities are computed for you by TT/Maryland on Form 502 lines 28-33.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TerryA
Level 7

I don't know what MD employers are required to do but many, if not all, Maryland counties (and Baltimore City) have their own tax rates ranging from 1.25% to over 3%. Those tax liabilities are computed for you by TT/Maryland on Form 502 lines 28-33.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings