TWill

If you live in Maryland, are you required to have local taxes withheld by your employer?

I moved to MD last year and no local taxes were withheld by my employer. Now, my employer is withholding local taxes for my county and I'm not sure why. I moved here from FL, so state/local tax withholding is foreign to me. 

TerryA

I don't know what MD employers are required to do but many, if not all, Maryland counties (and Baltimore City) have their own tax rates ranging from 1.25% to over 3%. Those tax liabilities are computed for you by TT/Maryland on Form 502 lines 28-33.

TerryA