Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I worked for 1 week in a company in IL, but parent company (and W-2) have employer's address in IN. Box 15 lists state as IL. Do I need to file in IN or IL? Made $405

As mentioned in question, I'm unsure if I have to file state taxes in Indiana. Worked for a company in IL for 1 week and made $405.  W-2 comes for that company and parent company's address in box c. is listed in Indiana.  Box 15 lists the state as IL.  I live in IL and all of my other income is from IL. I know I have to file all of my other income for IL, but do I need to file in a second state as well?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I worked for 1 week in a company in IL, but parent company (and W-2) have employer's address in IN. Box 15 lists state as IL. Do I need to file in IN or IL? Made $405

If you did not actually work in the state of Indiana, you do not have to file the Indiana state return.  Because the Box 15 has IL, it appears the company reported the income for you in Illinois.  Indiana and Illinois do NOT have a reciprocity agreement.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you did not actually work in the state of Indiana, you do not have to file the Indiana state return.  Because the Box 15 has IL, it appears the company reported the income for you in Illinois.  Indiana and Illinois do NOT have a reciprocity agreement.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies