Misty-925

If I moved to California in May 2018 and my husband lives in Arizona and have a property in Arizona. What form do I need to file for each state.

If we married file jointly, then do I need to file as an Arizona Resident or California Resident. 

DanielV01

Each state has a particular procedure.  California requires you to file a nonresident return as married filing joint.  The Arizona income is excluded from the California return this way.  Arizona, meanwhile, wants you to file a part-year resident return, also married filing jointly.  The idea is still the same:  you will be taxed on all of his income in Arizona, and you will be taxed on the income you made while an Arizona resident.

DanielV01