Solved: I worked in NY through May 2018, then I moved to CT where I worked for four months, then I moved back to NY and worked to the end of 2018. How would I file my taxes?

I worked in NY through May 2018, then I moved to CT where I worked for four months, then I moved back to NY and worked to the end of 2018. How would I file my taxes?

New York has always been my primary residence, but I moved away for school for a few months and worked, then I moved back to New York and went back to my original job to finish out 2018.  I'm unsure of how to identify the residences.

After doing your Federal return, prepare a Connecticut non-resident return, then prepare a New York resident return.  You will get credit on your New York tax for some or all of the Connecticut tax.  That's why you do the CT one first (so you will know the CT tax).