I worked for a company last year that was based out of Pennsylvania. the company had me working in ohio for a short time. do I need to file a state claim for ohio?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

PA and OH have a reciprocal agreement such that OH does not tax the wages of a PA resident.  You report all income on you PA resident return.

If the only OH income was from wages, the only reason to file an OH non-resident return is if your employer mistakenly withhold OH state income tax.  You would then file an OH return showing no OH income and request a full refund of state taxes withheld.  This does not apply to any local OH taxes.

What state were you a resident of in 2016?

Pennsylvania