turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wvumsir

I worked an 8 wk. internship in PA. Do I put yes that I made money in another state?I go to school in WV,

Do school internships count?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I worked an 8 wk. internship in PA. Do I put yes that I made money in another state?I go to school in WV,

WV and PA are reciprocal states such that PA will not tax the wages of a WV resident.  So no need to file a PA return, just declare ALL your income on your WV resident return.  Answer  NO when asked if you made money in another state.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

What state is considered your resident state?  What state withheld taxes from your W2?
wvumsir

WV. They withheld WV taxes

WV and PA are reciprocal states such that PA will not tax the wages of a WV resident.  So no need to file a PA return, just declare ALL your income on your WV resident return.  Answer  NO when asked if you made money in another state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies