katiebug3800

I was asked to give the amount I made in another state that I had made money in, but wasn't asked to give the amount of money I made in the state I live why is that?

Telling me I don't owe taxes for my state when I would assume that I do right?

What state?  Do you live in a state that does not have a state income tax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901267-which-states-don-t-have-income-tax

Hal_Al

The general rule is: your report ALL your income on your home state return, even the income earned out of state. You file a non-resident state return for the state you worked in and pay tax to that state, on only the income received there.  Your home state will give you a credit, or partial credit, for what you paid the non-resident state. 

So, there is usually no need to ask what your home state income was.  

Very few states vary from the general rule. But, for an accurate answer, we would need the names of both states.