justify3

I think I can itemize deductions on my KY return due to local income taxes. How can I get to that form instead of taking the standard deduction?

DanielV01

For KY, many deductions were eliminated this year, including local taxes.  The only items that are deductible now are home mortgage interest and charitable deductions.  Real estate taxes, car taxes, medical expenses, job expenses, and gambling losses have all been eliminated.

Still, if you do qualify to itemize deductions in KY, you will enter in all of your itemized deductions on the Federal portion of the return.  If you have enough deductions to itemize in KY, the program will switch from standard to itemized deductions for you.

For additional information on KY law changes, please see this link:  KY Income tax Law Changes

DanielV01