I still owe my Arizona state taxes and was thinking about donating them to an arizona catholic tuition support organization. Does that take away the payment to state?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

No.  That might be a Charity Deduction on your 2019 return next year.  If you are filling out your return and put down a donation that will increase your tax due or reduce a refund.

You mean you thought you could donate to a charity instead of paying the state the tax you owe?  No.  You need to pay your state tax due.  And if you donate to a charity in 2019 then you may be able to enter the charity donation as a tax deduction on your 2019 return when you file it next year, if you are itemizing deductions.