jobeanf

I sold my used personal use trailer (located and registered in PA) in PA, at a capital loss. Do I have to file a tax return in PA as a nonresident?

Sale took place in PA, buyer was from NY and transported trailer back to NY.

BobB7

If the sale was at a loss, it was entirely a personal use trailer, and no 1099 was received, then it doesn't go on the return at all.

BobB7

Did you get a 1099-S form for the sale?
jobeanf

No, and actually, it was apparently not registered in PA (sorry, I'm actually asking for my elderly dad).  It was a park model mobilehome, purchased in NJ, that he kept in a RV park space in PA ever since, but never registered there (or anywhere after the first year).  Sale took place in PA, buyer hauled it to NY.
BobB7

jobeanf

Thank you!