Solved: I shouldn't have to pay any NJ taxes because NJ and PA have reciprocity, and I am a PA resident. What do I need to do to correct my NJ return?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I shouldn't have to pay any NJ taxes because NJ and PA have reciprocity, and I am a PA resident. What do I need to do to correct my NJ return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

I shouldn't have to pay any NJ taxes because NJ and PA have reciprocity, and I am a PA resident. What do I need to do to correct my NJ return?

Solved in comments.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 9

Solved in comments.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Make sure no wages are included in your NJ income tax return.  There is a page marked "Compensation Summary" during the state interview where you can mark what income items are included on that state's return.

Thanks!  Upon further investigation, it appears I don't have to file a NJ return at all, since I am a PA resident, PA taxes were withheld, and NJ & PA have reciprocity.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings