NJ-Resident

I reside in New Jersey, but am employed in New York. Do I need to report my dividend income and interest income on my non-resident New York tax form?

NJ-Resident

Coleen, then why does NYS non-resident form IT-203 use dividend income and interest income to compute NY taxable income on line 36?
Coleen3

Many states have an adjustment section, where you can remove a state's income that doesn't belong. If that is not available, you can delete the interest and dividends, delete NY state, redo NY state and enter the interest and dividends after NY state is completely done.
Coleen3

No. You only report it to your home state.