BAVV915

I received a rebate from Horizon as part of their tax rebate from the government Do i need to claim this rebate?

KrisD

It depends on how/what form they reported it on, but normally, no. 

A rebate is just a "return of your money" so if the money was not used as a deduction on your tax return, it would not need to be claimed as income. 

For example: If you paid a medical bill and later got a rebate or refund from the hospital, if you used that amount as a medical expense on your taxes, you would need to claim it, if you never did, you wouldn't. 

KrisD

BAVV915

Thank you for the answer.  I appreciate your help and this answered my question completely!
KrisD

We thank you for using TurboTax!