rajas-kar89

I permanently moved from Indiana to Washington in May 2021. In December 2021 I sold a bunch of stock for a gain. Do I include that gain in Indiana income?

TurboTax asks me to specify a portion of capital gains for Indiana state tax. I have entered 0 since I was a resident of Washington when I realized the gain. I want to make sure this is correct.

ErnieS0

No. Do not include you stock sales in Indiana income. Stock sale income depends on where you were living on the day you sold the stock.

It’s all Washington income if you sold all the stock while living in Washington.

$0 is correct for Indiana.

ErnieS0

$0 is correct for Indiana.

rajas-kar89

Thank you for the reply!