I paid $61.23 for E-filing my state tax!!!

I filed my tax by using CD/Download 10 days ago, and yesterday I received my returns. I found out that my federal return was deducted $61.23 by Turbo Tax, because I picked using my refund to pay for the E-filing fee! This is ridiculous to me, because when I went through all the steps to the end, it only showed that if I would like to choose e-filing my state tax, there will be $19.99 charge. And then I saw there were two options, one was paying with credit/debit card, and the other one was for direct deducting from the returns. When I clicked on the credit card option, the price jumped up to $24.99! So i was like: Oh, it should be cheaper then if I choose direct deducting from the returns. And then I picked the second option! I don't see the price changed to $61.23! I thought it should be $19.99 just like what it said at the first place! 

However, when I got my returns, I paid $61.23 for E-filing! I went back and double checked with my filings, on the top of my copy filing it said that I would be paying $59.98 for the E-filing because I chose direct deducting from my returns! I mean I couldn't accept this because why don't you show the  final price in the software when I filed the tax? You listed a price at the first place, and until I picked the option and submitted my filings , and then the price changed! I mean I have used Turbo tax for many years and chosen E-filings for many years. I never had this issue before (now I think it is because I used CC to pay the fee), I trusted you so much, and now you are being sneaky and cheating with me!

So I called the customer service, they told me that there was line that said there will be additional $39.99 charges! You were lying! I went back and checked I didn't see it! I googled online see if other people had the same issue. Not surprisingly, I am not the only one. Some people did a screenshot for the payment options. I saw Turbo Tax put a small box line that says" Don't worry about pulling out your wallet. We'll simply deduct the $39,99 fee from your federal refund and send the balance to your bank account"! Come on! First of all, this is not simple! Second of all, even if you does list $39.99 fee there, it doesn't mention this is an Additional! Extra Cost! I think 90% of people who read this will think the $39.99 already includes the $19.99 E-filing fee! How could we image that it is $19.99+$39.99+tax???Don't tell me that you didn't try to be sneaky and stealing from your customers! I am so disappointed with Turbo Tax now! There are so many tax products in the market and I don't know why I kept using Turbo Tax 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.