Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I paid $61.23 for E-filing my state tax!!!

I filed my tax by using CD/Download 10 days ago, and yesterday I received my returns. I found out that my federal return was deducted $61.23 by Turbo Tax, because I picked using my refund to pay for the E-filing fee! This is ridiculous to me, because when I went through all the steps to the end, it only showed that if I would like to choose e-filing my state tax, there will be $19.99 charge. And then I saw there were two options, one was paying with credit/debit card, and the other one was for direct deducting from the returns. When I clicked on the credit card option, the price jumped up to $24.99! So i was like: Oh, it should be cheaper then if I choose direct deducting from the returns. And then I picked the second option! I don't see the price changed to $61.23! I thought it should be $19.99 just like what it said at the first place! 

However, when I got my returns, I paid $61.23 for E-filing! I went back and double checked with my filings, on the top of my copy filing it said that I would be paying $59.98 for the E-filing because I chose direct deducting from my returns! I mean I couldn't accept this because why don't you show the  final price in the software when I filed the tax? You listed a price at the first place, and until I picked the option and submitted my filings , and then the price changed! I mean I have used Turbo tax for many years and chosen E-filings for many years. I never had this issue before (now I think it is because I used CC to pay the fee), I trusted you so much, and now you are being sneaky and cheating with me!

So I called the customer service, they told me that there was line that said there will be additional $39.99 charges! You were lying! I went back and checked I didn't see it! I googled online see if other people had the same issue. Not surprisingly, I am not the only one. Some people did a screenshot for the payment options. I saw Turbo Tax put a small box line that says" Don't worry about pulling out your wallet. We'll simply deduct the $39,99 fee from your federal refund and send the balance to your bank account"! Come on! First of all, this is not simple! Second of all, even if you does list $39.99 fee there, it doesn't mention this is an Additional! Extra Cost! I think 90% of people who read this will think the $39.99 already includes the $19.99 E-filing fee! How could we image that it is $19.99+$39.99+tax???Don't tell me that you didn't try to be sneaky and stealing from your customers! I am so disappointed with Turbo Tax now! There are so many tax products in the market and I don't know why I kept using Turbo Tax 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies