Solved: I only lived in Texas in 2018 but earned some income from home as online instructor for colleges in Kansas and Oklahoma. Do I need to pay taxes to Kansas and/or Oklahoma

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I only lived in Texas in 2018 but earned some income from home as online instructor for colleges in Kansas and Oklahoma. Do I need to pay taxes to Kansas and/or Oklahoma

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 14

I only lived in Texas in 2018 but earned some income from home as online instructor for colleges in Kansas and Oklahoma. Do I need to pay taxes to Kansas and/or Oklahoma

If you never physically worked in KS or OK, your income is not taxable by either state.  Some states tax non-resident remote workers, but KS and OK do not.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 14

If you never physically worked in KS or OK, your income is not taxable by either state.  Some states tax non-resident remote workers, but KS and OK do not.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

View solution in original post

Thank you!
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings