shanghaiR

I noticed on my VA state return you included interested from savings bonds as income. Did the state make this change?

ReginaM

No, the state did not make the change to your tax return.  When you input data into TurboTax, you are entering your tax documents into your Federal Return.  This data then flows through to your state return.  

shanghaiR

I'm sorry but the interest on my bonds was included in the carryover from  the Fed form and then added AGAIN AS INCOME AND THEN SUBTRACTED,.   This number should not have been an 'addition (line 2) .   You have me with an extra 11788 income for VA.   I have checked all past years for this and in none was this tax included as an addition.   PLEASE CORRECT or call me to explain why you will not.

DaveF1006

At this point you may wish to contact a specialist that can work through that section of the return with you. The specialists can look at your return on their screen to find out exactly what is causing this issue and take corrective action if needed.